Traditionally, the leather office chair has been viewed as the premier office chair for upper management and executives. Leather office chairs offer good comfort and durability while presenting a high-class image. However, there are other good options that you should consider when selecting an executive office chair.
Executive chairs set the tone for conference rooms and upper management offices. In corporate America, they are generally reserved for senior management and executive meetings. However, they are increasingly being found in upscale, home offices as well.
There are many qualities and colors of leather which have a direct impact on the final cost. Typically, a high-quality leather chair is going to be at the top end of the price list. If you’re looking to save a few bucks or if you would just like another look, you have several options. Executive office chairs today come with plush fabrics or simply fine wood.
Listed below is a short checklist of things to consider before making your selection.
- What is your budget?
- If you’re working on a limited budget, then a high-grade leather chair may be out of the question. Fortunately, there are many lower quality leather chairs that offer excellent value and durability.
- How often will the chair be used? Daily by an executive or infrequently in an area, such as a conference room.
- Fine wood chairs are probably not a good choice for a chair that will be used daily.
- What is the decor in the room where the chair will be used? You want to make sure your chair coordinates with the rest of your office, especially in executive settings.
- What other fabrics types are in the room?
- What finish is the desk?
- What other types of chairs will be in the room?
- What size chair do you need? If you plan on spending a lot of time in the chair, then this is a critical element.
Does the individual who will be using the chair have any health issues or back problems? If so, then you should strongly consider an ergonomic office chair that will provide superior support and comfort.